Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

La Coffee Shop

It's a really good thing that I don't currently have cable in my house.  I am a total Food Network nut. Diners, Drive In's and Dives?  Love it. Ace of Cakes?  Amazing.   But one thing I did discover the last time I watched Food Network (the family cabin does have cable) was Cupcake Wars!  Oh boy.  I love cupcakes.  I was so excited that I may have ignored all of those around me for the hour that it was on.

Even more exciting was the fact a local girl was one of the competitors; she is the owner of that little coffee shop right beside Joe's Farm Grill.  They even won!  So in all of my excitement I decided that a fun family outing last night would be to head out and try one of these delicious cupcakes.

Now I am so sad to say this but, so disappointing.  Tragically so.  My cupcake euphoria basically was shattered upon entering the store.  They had three.  That's right THREE cupcakes left, all of the same kind, and looking oh so sad in the display area.  The man who served us must have also been tragically sad because he was very hostile towards us or was it the lack of cupcakes that made him so?  And then when he gave us the runt of the litter AND charged us an exorbitant amount of 3.50 for one cupcake (wish I had a photo of hubby's face during that whole exchange).  All hope of a yummy cupcake was dashed.  How could I even enjoy this?  I had no choice, the guy wasn't all that friendly and upon eating the cupcake? It was almond flavored.  Oh sad.

The best part of the whole experience (hey have to look on the bright side right?).  Was Noah was able to run off all of that sugar (he ended up eating most of the cupcake) and we had some great time as a family.

La Coffee Shop (I know it's not the name, but I don't want for them to google find me) big thumbs down.

Next time?  Sprinkles in Scottsdale!

3 comments:

Katie said...

THUMBS DOWN for sucky, overpriced almond cupcakes!!!!

Jason and Lisa said...

I'm sorry your experience wasn't very good. They truly are good cupcakes...maybe not the almond flavor. That's unfortunate that they were rude too. BOO!

amberlee said...

let's make a trip to Sprinkles! :)